Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Monday, December 22, 2008

Still, I Love You

As I lay in bed, the clock strikes noon.
Have I really been here all morning?
A dull ache throbs throughout my entire body.
My head spins - I feel like I'm going to throw up.

Maybe it was when you gave that blank stare.
when you said "that's nice,"
after I bared my soul and said "I still love you."
Maybe it was when you walked off with him.

You said you had to do this thing.
To find out if he was right.
You thought you might do better.
While I was only doing my best.

If I wrote about tears, they'd call me emotive.
A tag that unjustly drains credibility.
But what else is there to write about
When tears are all that I have to give?

I said that I still loved you.
And I meant every word.
If that's all I have to give, so be it.
I'll give until from weakness, I give out.

No comments:

Post a Comment