Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, May 16, 2009

This is a Good Episode

The TV chatters away like some engaging aunt.
Submarines dive to crush depth.
Gunfire erupts
and cools
and erupts
and cools
like some unstable Hawaiian mountain of fire.
This is a good episode.
The TV is actually a computer
in the library
because I can’t afford the
Comcast service package and
even if I could
I’d rather not.
It’s quiet in here.
Students study on the couches.
Students study on the computers next to me.
I’ve gone over the signs thoroughly
to ensure that I’m allowed
to use these facilities to my own ends
and I can.
(I prepare myself for the inevitable,
the part where I explain/lie about how
my current media class requires such and such
It’s a good speech).
Just now, a character breaks down in tears.
Holy shit.
This is a good episode.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that feels like something I'd do. Well written!

    ReplyDelete