Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Team

One day you wake up and realize that you don't speak the language of your ancestors, your own flesh and blood.

And you probably never will.

But you carry the bloodline still, despite what might be seen as your betrayals of the form. We want to reach back, of course. We feel the tug at all times when we wish we could live in older times--that's us reaching back. It's futile, we know, but that can't keep us from wishing.

The fact of the matter is, the bloodline is just as subject to the currents of time as we are. The bloodline is one long chain, one long life reaching over a thousand lifetimes. So instead of thinking "I wish I lived in [such and such] time, we ought to think, "my team already did that. Now, I'm here, doing this."

1 comment:

  1. I feel living in the past all the time, I'm not really sure why though. Maybe its that I feel like things would be less complicated, and everything would fall into place. I guess thats what its like looking into the past, even in our own lives... looking back and seeing that things turned out all right, even if they don't looks so good in the present.

    One day our completed lives will be seen by our line in the future and they will probably want the same thing.

    It could be all about comfort and knowing where we are going.

    ReplyDelete