Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Fear the Mask

You must never compromise your ideals, even if your motives are good. Your intent, good. Your ends, good.

The mask is an evil thing, twisting, subverting, and before you know it, it will swallow you up like a ship in a raging sea. You are the only one who will ever truly know yourself. That is something you cannot afford to risk.

Though you are one against many, you cannot play by their rules, because the game you win is not yours, but theirs. You must be strong.

Because things are never as they seem. You are never one against many. You are never alone.

Don't wait for others to believe in you. Believe in yourself and they will follow.

Only you know who you really are. Don't throw that away.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I'm not entirely sure I understand... but then again I don't need to. Devil's Advocate, Change of Heart, Internal Debate... I don't pretend to know if it's any of those or if it's something else or even if you got tired of waiting for me to post my response :P

    Regardless, you present arguments well... regardless of the side you take. Truthfully that both impresses me and scares me a bit... I'm not entirely sure I understand.

    ReplyDelete