Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Disunity (edited)

If in High School you found yourself,
and, when in College, changed,
what happened to the people
who gladly stayed the same?
Did they neglect important steps
of self discovery?
Or did their parents teach them well
enough that they might see
the way to live before times came
to bring disunity?
What's happiness? When friendships fall?
You must be kidding me.
So what's gone wrong to make me think
that I can be happy?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I guess I could see how "disunity" relates to a drug abuse issue, but...

    It really sounds like you abruptly shift subjects five lines from the end.

    But, I did like the beginning, especially the first two lines. It just...jives. :)

    ReplyDelete