Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Ballad of Dominic Peters

Listen to me as I tell you the tale
of Dominic Peters, the man once in jail.
He sought no forgiveness from those he had wronged
the peasants were happy, no longer they longed.

He'd robbed from the rich and given the poor
the things that they then were denied and much more.
A thief without license, at war with the ones
who did the same things by the threat of a gun.

He formed then around him some sort of a band
to fight along side him at freedom's last stand,
so when it had ended at least you would hear
how men of true valor must oft disappear.

But not to the gallows went Dominic P.
His band sought him out and at last set him free.
So listen to me as I tell you it's true-
For Peters lives on both in me and in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment