Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Friday, April 4, 2008

Things Go On

A clock does not cease to run
when we cease to look upon it,
its existence not dependent on our desires.
And I would not that it was.

No creature, creation, or construction
needs to bow before me.
I am no maker besides to what I am alloted.
No words have come that have not been.

Things go on without us
and maybe they should
since we have not the wisdom to repay the favor
with care and compassion.

Things go on without us.
The world is in your hands.

1 comment:

  1. I love the contrast at the end. Also, it seems like you've started using higher language in your poetry as of late, any relation to a recent change of major? =P

    ReplyDelete