Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Friday, June 9, 2006

And As For Deserving I Will Speak No More

Many that live deserve death, and many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

We've all heard it before. We've all said it before. Life is not fair. And somehow, no matter how many times we hear it or repeat it, it never truly sinks in. Why? Because deep down we all mean well. We're all good people (for the most part). So when things go wrong, it's natural to act a little dissapointed. There is little more frustrating than working and working in the hopes of your efforts paying off, and finally seeing that they aren't paying off at all. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into this. But am I wrong to say that good people deserve good things? Now, let's take me and my personal emotions out of the equation. To not do so would strip me of all credibility. Now let me ask again, am I wrong to say that good people deserve good things? No. And how often is life just, how often fair? Call me cynical, but my answer is rarely. Maybe you're all just a little too close-mouthed. Give some praise now and then. You think I'm satisfied? I'm not. You think I'm okay? I'm not. I'm one messed up guy. But there are people who "fix" me in a sense. Heaven forbid that they remove themselves from my life, but that's just a reality we're all going to have to face. Why? Because no matter what you earn, no matter what you deserve, life is always right around the corner, waiting to trip you on the slippery sidewalk. So prepare yourself, for when there's nobody around to pick you up. Even the aid of a friend is not to be counted on, as nothing is absolute. If only it could be. And maybe I'm wrong, because I see too much. Maybe my constant analyzation of every action I see condemns me to find the faults of people everywhere. But even then, for all my so called wisdom I cannot even fathom the workings of an opposing mind. Only I can be true to myself. But I love others. I love them with all of my heart. And who is to say which of them I love, and if any I love more? Then why? Because that in itself brings up another issue of worth, of deserving. And so I've managed to ramble on, but not say anything at all. So as for deserving I will speak no more, but I can only hope that somebody somewhere will love me back the way I love them. I know one thing -- you can trust me. That I promise.

Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment