Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Friday, August 24, 2007

C: Change, Jones. It's All About the Change

Change, Jones. It's All About the Change.

Ah yes, the Eight. Have I named them all yet? They've changed a tiny bit since I wrote this one, but still... Full character bios to come when I reach the actual poem (Eight) about them.

But what was happening here? Ah yes, the potential rebound relationship. No, it didn't work out, and thank goodness it didn't. We wouldn't have matched well. Basically I was struggling with the idea that in order to attract attention from this feminine interest of mine, I was going to have to break down my usual routine and flash some social skill (of which I have precious little). One of my friends was pressuring me to just ask her out, and that's what the last bit is in reference to. I knew that it wasn't going to get any easier with time, so I tried to suck it up.

I never did. And I stand by that decision.

People might ask, why didn't you go for it? What did you have to lose?

And I would answer

Jones doesn't fly the damn ship. Period.

:)

1 comment: