Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Green Goblin was Right

"No matter how much you do for them, eventually they will come to hate you."
You know how everyone seems to hate vigilante justice? Well, the officials do anyhow. And before you know it, they're chasing down Spiderman. They're firing guns at Batman. Have you ever sat there and watched, or read along, thinking "What the ****!? Why can't they just leave him alone? Can't they see that he's helping them?" Ever felt that?

Yeah, that just happened to me. Being "chased by the cops" I mean. You know, I really like to help people, but at the same time I'm pretty passive aggressive about it. That is, I can't force anyone to read my blog, or listen to me, but if you engage me or if you try to argue my point, I'm going to get into it pretty hot.

But my point lies within the passive part. I don't shove my agenda down other people's throats. Okay? Let's just get that out of the way, why don't we?

So when somebody comes to me for advice, don't you dare tell me I'm out of line for giving it to them. It's my opinion. The fact that they adopt it as their own means that they either agree and don't want to admit it, or they don't agree but think that they should.

Life isn't all flowers and music. Okay? If I pick up an abandoned dog on the side of the street, it won't matter one damn bit how cute it is - if it's going to bite me, it's not going to make me happy for long.

So if you're into that shallow "live for the moment" bullshit, go ahead and take your best shot at me. But as things stand, I fight for a greater good, I fight for an everlasting love, and you couldn't tear me down if you wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment