Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Nobody

I'm no hero. Sometimes it's all I can do to survive. Guys like me aren't supposed to be happy. We don't win awards. We're the ones you either remember well or don't care about at all. Well, I'm just one of you. I believe in myself. I believe in my feelings. The ones I can't explain. But I'm not supposed to understand, and that's the key. That's why Prime is in the back seat.

Nothing else matters. Not the people, not the measurements of success. And I think I'm going to fail. I'm afraid to, but I think I might, and it scares the living hell out of me. Don't be afraid, I say. Don't be afraid.

Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment