Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Monday, April 10, 2006

True Character

Sometimes I really dislike my family. But then again, who doesn't. At least every now and then... I mean, they're not even proud. They don't even give a damn. So if it doesn't matter and I do it anyways, doesn't that count for something? So don't ****ing lie to me. Time and money. God, I hate them both. But I'm okay, because they can't get in. Look straight ahead, now... Don't ask why they do it. It's not my place to care. I care about two things - myself, and the people that deserve for me to care. Let Go Dommy.

I'm starting to remember now. The UFO on July 4th. Snow tubing with Devon on Austin's hill. The bus shack, the mud lakes, the tree they cut down. Ed's characters on his lamp post. All of them came to me. We're coming around. Some of us are. Others are just beginning. But we're all headed in the same direction. We just don't know it yet. Well, they don't know anyway.

Showing my anger and hatred only proves that that they're getting in, but then again I can't just be a pacifist. I'll shoot back. Prime would have to agree. More so that I would actually. I'm flawed. It's okay though. I'm back, just need to find my niche, that's all. This - all of it - it's important to me. I don't ask why. I don't wonder why nobody else cares. It means something to me. True character is who you are when you take every stimulation away, excepting memory. And this is my true character, rather these are my true characters. But why don't they give a damn?

Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment