Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Letter From Matt

So here I am, on the raggety edge. I'm tipping but I have yet to fall, nor will I until the blade of death strikes me down. And I pray for them because they don't know, and neither I. But I've come to realize that none of it matters. Just the weight on my neck and the weight on my mind. Cascading gems of emotion, and I don't care how they fall or where they rest, because that eternal glimmer is what really matters. And so I praise God for his wonderous creation, and even though it may be my destiny to suffer, the feeling is what makes it worthwhile. While I may laugh to keep from crying, neither is complete without the other. The meaning dissolves without comparrison. Lord, send me your aid. Give me a light when all other lights go out, for as I live and breathe the darkness swells around me, and what I fear most is to succomb and join it. Comparrison shows me that the light is far greater, and companionship is vital. So no more games. No more tricks, and no more lies. I'm in it full now, and there's no turning back. Why escape life when you can work to bend it to your will? I walk in the light and battle the darkness, and they will follow. They will follow because I'm just like them, and when they hit the breaking point, they'll know, just as I knew. Time, that precious progressive identifier. They might see one way or the other, but they will see in the end.

Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment