Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A Letter to Satan

It's game time. Time to draw the line between those for and those against. Those behind and those beside. How quickly feelings change, how quickly respect can be drawn aside. But they're victims themselves. So do not chastise me, and do not judge. Don't downplay the happenings of my life, and don't distract me from my goals. I am the deep. And I'm not alone. And as surely as I draw breath I declare the victims innocent. So there's Dominic. And Marcus. And William, that confused boy, ever looking, ever searching for the answers. And we are four strong. And through your facts, through your books and your studies you will never be real. Cold calculation is all you have to offer in this world. Which of you could predict my responses to such distractions? Not one. Because for all of your so called wisdom you lack that certain shred of reality, which in itself is outside of reality. Such bliss there is in knowledge, and if this, great deceiver, is your trap, then I must willingly concede defeat. And since I abhor surrender to such a foe as you, a trap it cannot be. I await your next stroke, O father of lies. Will you strike where the flesh is weak? Dimensional shifting, Satan. I cannot be cornered, can never be contained in full. Because I have choice. And though I continue to fail you will never convince me of my own righteousness. And even now you smirk, as my confidence places me on the brink of destruction. But love will save me. And that is something you will never understand. You are so blinded by your hatred that you choose to burden yourself to spite the King. Which of us is to say that even you could not repent? Not I, for of all things I know precious few. But though you continue to lie to us, one thing is for certain -- there will come a time when you can no longer lie to yourself, as one eternity merges with the next. Change is a constant, even in eternity. And though I struggle to grasp eternity's meaning I know that all I need is right before me, and I myself am not to be trusted because you are in me. You've gone beyond the honor of battle, and now you must content yourself with tricks. But no matter how you win in the end you will lose, and that end lies dangerously near for you. Comparrison is a necessity, and to you time is irrelevant. Therefore you fail to comprehend. And you won't take my crew without a fight.

Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment