Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

C: I Am Not a Middle Aged Man

I Am Not a Middle Aged Man

You know those things you write without... consciously processing it?

When you feel like your very core, your very soul is lain bare?

So I wrote this and that's exactly what it felt like. So I don't really know what to say about a moment like that.

I was talking to a friend about moving up to Seattle and I realized that I've never taken a risk. Never had an adventure. Up until now, I've been content to live through the adventures of others. Bruce Wayne. Malcolm Reynolds. Edmond Dantes. Jack Aubrey.

And I started to think, maybe the reason I have such a hard time defining myself is because I've never done anything worth defining? Do you ever feel like that?

How can I expect to write and create characters when I haven't finished creating my own?

1 comment:

Labels