Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

C: Nothing in Moderation

Nothing in Moderation

AAAAHHH! I'm breaking with tradition. I'm doing commentaries out of order. (Something I should have probably started a long time ago...). Why, you might ask? Well, to put it simply, my last post was ignorant and naive.

I came to this conclusion while talking about a friend concerning the topics contents, and the thing about my post was that I completely ignored the bilateral nature of the problem. I took for granted that there were different interpretations to what I was saying.

Say there is an Inner Self (IS) and an Outer Self (OS).

I said that one of these was true, and the other was false. (IS=true, OS=false) but I completely overlooked the possibility that it was the other way around.

See, the way I think is that at our very cores, we are terrible people (IS). What sets us apart, then, is what we wish we were (OS).

Another way of thinking about it is that we are good at our cores (IS) and that our actions reveal who we wish we weren't (OS).

I feel like I'm terrible at explaining this.

Suffice to say that I have a no-delete no-alteration policy with this blog, and I can admit a mistake when I make it. I WILL NOT, however, remove a controversial though that I've had, because it is an important component of the past, of who I was, and who I am now.

1 comment:

  1. Like the quote my English teacher informed me of, "How do I know what I think until I read what I wrote?"

    There is nothing wrong with the way you blog now, but you just write everything that you think of on the top of your head. You start thinking about something and you just keep thinking about it until you have this whole idea formed. But really you don't know what you really thought until after you read your blog. You find your previous ideas contradicting your newly found ones. But after you get feedback from people about what you wrote it gives you a new perspective on your idea, if you choose to listen to it of course. So it is definitely healthy to contradict yourself and revise what you originally thought.Just think about it, and I don't think you should be afraid to change something because you haven't in the past. You could even make a blog about this all and how its important to rethink everything you just said after reading it and to add new ideas to it later - it will just make your ideas stronger.

    You dont have to post this, since I made it really long. I just want you to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels