Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Whatever came to mind...

This was written by me in a topic which called for flash essays without prompt... it was a "whatever first comes to your mind, and go" type of thing.

So as I was reading through these wall of texts (btw I really don't care if there are spaces or not) I got a bunch of great ideas to put in a wall of text of my own.

Then I realized that doing such a thing would violate my very rules. So let's talk about rules. What are the biggest ones? the oldest ones? The Ten Commandments? Wrong. There was one before. I'm sorry to go all biblical here but this furious ranting has left me no option. There was a rule before, and that rule was simple. Be perfect. Be like God. But we ****ed it up. So God broke it down into ten. And they're alright. But we still can't do it. So God broke it down into a thousand pager, and over half of us decide to ignore it or attack it as untrue.

Why do people attack things? It's kind of an unanswerable question, and a random one at that. One obvious answer is self defense. If something is threatening you, you must, in order to preserve your very self, attack it to keep it from attacking you. Are there other reasons? Malice, of course. Are there really any others? Probably, but I'm not thinking long enough to find them. Of the two, I wonder which one fits the situation in the ladder-wall above? It's funny, because a book can't attack people. It can cause people to attack people, but it doesn't leap out and try to bite you. I had a dream that a hamster bit me. Anyway, do we have the right to take out secondary sources of influence? I suppose so. But you have to acknowledge the fact that the only reason to take out a secondary source is because you're too weak to deal with the primary. If an evangelist comes to your house and you can't deal with him in a way that you see ideally, then the logical step is to attack their belief system. Because you failed to attack them.

Isn't that kind of cowardly?

1 comment:

  1. The funny thing is, the people like that would just attack this after reading it, so then they'd be attacking an attack (which this technically is) which would have beforehand caused them to go self-defense against the possible attacker to prevent it from attacking them when it already has so they'd then attack it in return which is the kind of behavior that sparked this attack in the first place.

    ...e_e

    ReplyDelete