Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dominyms

You seem to think you cannot die,
but truth I still must tell.
For better is it here to lie,
than burn alive in Hell.

---

I've never thought on lesser men,
and why they seem to fail.
But could it be that it is me
who's falling off the trail?

---

I've messed up my fair share in life,
but so, I say, have you.
At least I can admit the truth,
forever be it true.

---

I look around in times of doubt
in hopes that you are there.
But now I know that hope is frail
it falls into despair.

---

The people cry for it to end,
this pain that we call life.
But I have learned of other times
when men joined in the strife.

---

Surround yourself with those you trust:
They'll take you very far.
But let them not corrupt your soul,
Nor leave a biting scar.

Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment