Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolutions

Hypocricy.

It's my greatest failing. I claim to be wise, and I might be. But Socrates said "he who claims to know anything knows nothing at all." Or something like that. And I'm guilty of it to a large degree.

But you see, as much as I may be a hypocrite, it doesn't matter. I'm not stopping.

When I started writing this, I had decided that my New Year's Resolution was going to be avoiding hypocricy, you know, try not to be so arrogant.

But something just clicked. I'm not going to stop. I'm going to keep going, because people need me to be authoritative. I'm going to fight for the people who need a hero. Who need a Captain. I used to think I couldn't lead, like I didn't have what it takes, but I do.

So my resolution is to take charge, take command, carpe diem.

But first, some detective work.

No comments:

Post a Comment