Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Multinyms

I'm back, he shouted to the skies
And fought the rising wave
And did it he so forcefully
A thousand lives were saved

He came to bring them back from death
the people there enslaved
he came to take away their fears
and keep them from the grave

And in success he found his niche
a hero for the dead
because he knew they looked to him
as Superman through lead

But when he died they raised no hand
to aid his failing heart
He knew he'd die, he knew he'd leave
he knew it from the start

But one yet stood against that wave
he stood for all that's right
and as he comforted our man
he gained a worldly light

I'm back, he shouted to the skies
And fought the rising wave
And did it he so forcefully
A thousand lives were saved

---

For every man who rose to fight
And failed in spite of life.
You cannot know the pain endured
When stabbed by gilded knife.

Why, every battle has it's end
And yours is just the same.
But realize that life is short
So tell me, what's your name?

For I have searched too long for her
Who takes away my pain.
And could it be it's you I see
In dreams with falling rain?

So come with me, our time is short
We'll walk a path of light.
I need you much as you need me
So join me in my flight.

For every left there is one right
I pray that you are mine.
Becuase I've wandered far too long
to face defeat this time.

---

Dust settles on the battle field
New breath is in the East
And in the distance footsteps ring
The rider flees the beast.

This rider came from Algadon
With woe and somber face
He rode away to chase his death
The bane of all his race.

Before he found the battlegrounds
His horse had lost it's will
And so he followed death on foot
His soul it came to fill.

He looks upon this death with awe
While questions fill his head
And all the while he's running free
Not numbered with the dead.

But while he runs the beast comes forth
To claim that which he'd give
The dead have shown him value though,
And now he'll choose to live

---

The parallels of earthly life
lie hidden in the deep.
For there the light and dark collide
and force your soul to leap.

And if you land in shades of black
you better be content.
For if you're not you'll burn alive,
no cash to pay the rent.

But those who glide into false light
may find it hindering,
of all the goals they used to hold
no longer shimmering.

The lands of grey are where we live,
and here we're forced to chose,
The side for which we'll fight alone
a battle we must lose.

But coming down from high above
a light that's never seen.
It comes to bring the end of all,
the silence of the dream

---

One day I walked to find a place
that's hidden in the mist.
It grows with evil deep within,
which rules with iron fist.

I know this place, in fact I have
been present here before.
But now I see it quite clearly:
Truth hidden in the lore.

I take the rage that's built inside
and use it for the good,
of all the men that suffered here
and did all that they could.

And when I took upon that task
of saving all that's right,
I knew it meant my life was gone:
I'd lose it in the fight.

But fight on, fight on yet I will
until I meet the end.
Because of all who love the life
that's hidden 'round the bend.

I knew that I would find it here;
that thing that makes me whole.
And if I knew it lay within,
I'd live to fill my role.

So here I am at bitter end,
the stars are swimming round.
And here I try but yet I die,
I'm lost but I am found.

And in the end I saw the light
that came to bring me home.
To rooms prepared before my time,
No longer, I alone.

---

Don't try to look like you know truth,
you would not realize,
the suffering that truth can bring
it's always filled with lies.

I'd hoped that we would meet on terms
that deviate from death.
But now it seems you wish to die,
and quickened is your breath.

So here we are, and I on top
the pedastel called life.
And there you lie in bitter loss,
impaled by crystal knife.

And here I sit, I warned you though,
of what the cost would be.
For stealing what was always mine,
it's death eternally.

---

I wonder why the children fail
to learn what they are taught.
And when they succomb to the world
was teaching all for naught?

I hope that there are more like me
who hope they soon will rise,
to leap across the open stars
and gain their lonely prize.

But into question come the words
which I have deemed to spread.
So fight for my beliefs, I will,
while questions fill my head.

And when the answers rise before
my unbelieving eyes,
I find that they were here before,
among the peaceful skies.

The skies of night, the skies of day,
how both will fill my thoughts.
And rightly shall they linger there,
until my soul is bought.

---

If one will look upon the sky
in search of something else,
why then would people blind his eyes
and make him live through hell?

And if you were to look upon
a sight more grand than most,
why then would others try to take
this sight from valor's hosts?

So if you strain to reach above
that which will lead to death,
why should these others strike you down
and steal your living breath?

---

A trap so well concieved that it,
with all it's wondrous flair,
would tear apart the worldly flesh
and strip the soulwinds bare.

This trap, I say, it's life alone,
and with it's reaching hand,
It posed a threat to any man
who dared before it stand.

And so the Lord came down from high
to fix this earthly wrong,
and did it he, so now I'm free,
and gladly sing this song.

---

Must I be slain to live again?
You've killed me once before.
But now I see the golden end,
and I'll be lost no more.

So patiently I'm waiting here,
I know not what to do.
I don't know how to prove my faith,
and make my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment