Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Damn You Society

Years ago they planted it, a tree of ignorance, it's roots twisting deep into the minds of the innocent. Slowly it grips them and pulls them closer, until they become one with the machine, the mechanical tree that slowly devours the greenery around. The damn thing won't burn, won't fall, won't rust. It won't fail, won't falter, won't give up. And while there is something respectable there, I hate the damn thing.

I'd like to think it doesn't have me, like to think that I'm somewhat beyond its reach, but how the hell would I know? The damn thing might have nanobots implanted in my bloodstream for all I know.

But I might as well act as if I am free - work towards its destruction, or at least its restraint. I am able to consider its destruction, which is a comfort, telling me that I do have at the very least some control over myself.

What did it do to me? Nothing that I couldn't handle, not for a while anyway.

But now the piece of shit is ruining my friendships. One friendship in particular. And I won't stand for it.

1 comment:

  1. Dom's in a bad mood...D:

    I really don't think I've ever seen you curse before. Hope whatever's wrong is righted soon.

    ReplyDelete

Labels