Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, April 1, 2007

100 Means Goodbye (April Fools Joke)

I've finally done it. 100 posts. It's a momentous occasion for me - a goal I've strived for, something so far off in the distance that it seemed I'd never make it. I've even considered throwing a party. But now I realize that if I did, it would have to be a wrap party.

You heard me right. I'm done. I can't do it anymore.

I've been lying to myself, lying to you. I've been trying to stand before you and say that I know something special, something secret. I was wrong. I'm nobody special, I'm nothing unique. All I've done is forced my viewpoints upon you, and made you feel guilt when you didn't respond.

A while ago I posted my fear that I would run out of things to write - now I know that I'll never run out of things to write. Good news, it would seem. But no, it's all the more reason why I have to stop. It's growing out of control. If I keep writing and writing, nothing will hold any meaning any more. Post upon post, thought upon thought, dream upon dream. One by one they will be lost in a myriad of other posts, losing any significance that they once held.

So I apologize. I apologize to all the people who believed in me, I apologize for all the people I've inspired. It just can't go on, and while you might not understand, you may see once you hit your first 100. It's just like that fabled first 100 dollars for a small business somewhere. You want to keep it pristine, untarnished. If all goes well I'll continue working on my commentary project, and I of course will continue to support those who have supported me, so don't think that I'm dead and gone. I have so much to apologize for. For the hypocricy. The arrogance. The unfair assumptions. But there's nothing I have to apologize for more than this.









APRIL FOOLS!











Oh, I feel like a terrible person. Oh well.

Keep reading, 200 here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone would get it except me.

    My darker side, which used to have a lot more control, was riled yesterday.

    As for the title, (which I think is the most confusing part) I'm the white rabbit, and as he always said, I was late.

    ReplyDelete

Labels