Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Ship's Log 477

I will take only eight. Eight men into the darkness. To stem the tide of the evil which we've unleashed. And if it cannot be mended, then in my naievity I have damned the world.

But there is no room for doubt or fear. We must act swiftly and silently, and though we have no way of knowing what lies on the other side, it is our obligation to find out. I have no shame in it's burden.

Men get so blinded by greed. I am no different. I appologize - there was no way for me to know.

But ah, more excuses... They are of no consequence. There is nothing but to make things right.

And if I pass in the trying, I will pass with the knowledge that I did all that I could, with the knowledge that all that I could and all that I would were the same.

Only eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels