Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, May 19, 2007

C: Too Deep (I'm Drowning)

Too Deep (I'm Drowning)

I've been avoiding this for far too long... I figure if I'm ever going to get anywhere with this commentary project I might as well just suck it up and push through.

Anyway, like I said in C: And as for Deserving I Will Speak No More,

Maybe my constant analyzation of every action I see condemns me to find the faults of people everywhere.

It's a curse. Read the post, you can see. I see everything. Such a powerful statement. Now, critics will obviously shout out the fact that it is impossible for me to see everything. Okay, okay. That's nice. Way to dodge the issue Rumsfeld.

No, it's not a curse... it's a gift. No, it's a curse. A gift! CURSE? It is what you allow it to be. Of late I've decided that I don't have time to be cursed. I've got better things to do. And in that, I've found the gift of it. Helping people. Talking to people. Talking with people. Changing lives. Because you know, if I'm a hero to one I'm a hero to all... (Heroics)

This post, Too Deep... it is too deep. It's so deep that I think I can confidently say that most people don't get it. Won't get it. But I assure you, every word written therein is written within a solidarity of truth.

Self-righteous is how you could describe me I guess. To actually deal with and acknowledge judgement? Most would rather deny that they do it, deny that it actually exists. And to have the audacity to say that I do it for them?

Yes, I agree. It is a bit self-righteous. Is that wrong if I'm right? Am I right? That's for you to decide.

Actually, this blog wasn't written, it was spoken. It was spoken by me to three friends, and it brought me to tears because it all finally clicked. Never before had I understood so well.

AND THAT MARKED THE TURNING POINT IN MY LIFE.

The two quotes at the bottom were written for IR, the movie script that a friend and I wrote together, as are many small quips scattered around this blog. I don't remember if I ever mentioned that before.

The second quote depresses me. Death is not a flaw, it is a gift. Death can only be a flaw if it tore us away from perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment