Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dear Myspace

I hate you. But I'm sure you know. You know everything, don't you? Everyone has you. Everyone loves you... I hate you.

You've taken my friends. Some of them love you more than they love me. I LOSE THEM.

You've taken my time. My time is a valuable commodity, and should not be wasted. I BLOG NOW.

You've become an aid and an asset to sex offenders, pedophiles, and stalkers. I LOCK MY DOORS.

You've shown me the truth - that people are shallow, that they love only attention. I HURT.

You've taught to me the true meaning of drama. I DON'T LIKE WHAT I SEE.

You've told me that without you, I am nothing. Without you, my friends won't talk to me. I HURT.

You've segregated, alienated, and delivered lies. I HATE YOU.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh... myspace.

    Cool idea but somewhere along the way it got horribly warped into a kind of human monster. Probably when it became mainstream... maybe it's society which causes my distaste... I don't know.

    ReplyDelete