Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Message

The idea.

It marks the beginning. It marks the end. The beginning of an end, the end of a beginning. A continuum of stops and gos, nows and thens. The is, was, and will be. The message that must be delivered.

It is the goal. The light at the end of the tunnel. The gold at the end of the rainbow. The paycheck at the end of the week. The trophy at the end of the game. The party at the end of the year. The feel of the earth at the mooring of the ship. The touch of familiar lips upon your return. The message that must be delivered.

It is the hammer that drives the nail. It is the house there made and the meetings held within. The people gathered in the hall, the leader standing there addressing them all. The message that must be delivered.

It is the sword, the boots, the helmet, the shield. The captains, formations, armies driven to defense solely by

an idea.

2 comments:

  1. That would kick quite a lot of butt. You honor me too much though.

    However, thanks for all the support you've given me. Always having at least one comment per post really makes me feel like my voice is being heard, even if it's from the same person. I know I don't reciprocate the gesture, but it does mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete