Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Thursday, July 12, 2007

C: The Battle for Eternity

The Battle for Eternity was an idea I had back while frequenting the now dead forum, RPGE. May it rest in peace... Anyway, what it was supposed to be was a giant metaphor for the things I was experiencing in my life. I intended to keep writing on and on, but found that the idea didn't really allow for much openness.

The first section is largely about how I felt as if I had progressed in maturity far beyond my peers, which put me in a bad spot. I couldn't "turn back" on myself, on who I was just to fit in and be safe, but it was tough where I was as well. If that wasn't enough, I was "poisoned" by relationship problems - rather, the lack of them. (This was written far before the girl I'd been complaining about in the other posts entered my life.) The cure, or course, was the girl. And, in the unwritten third section (after I'd let go and moved on) I was going to reveal how the girl herself was also the poison. I just never got around to continuing.

The meaning of "the battle for eternity" carries a religious message, as all of life is a battle to reach eternal life in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment