Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Friday, January 19, 2007

Anti-School Song

Liberty is fleeting
and Calculus will fade
And all the knowledge in the world
Will leave you at your grave.

Physics can be fun I guess
But never fun enough
There's nothing I would rather do
than spend time with the one's I love.

To hell with English, that's no good
I'd rather write this song
Our duty - if it ever was -
I'd have to say it's gone!

In Government they teach us things
We'll never have to know
And now I hear we must make up
For days we lost to snow!

Riddiculous! I've never seen
such insolence at heart
Despite the things you try to teach
How lonely learning art.

So let's all have a barbeque
Come join in my parade
Cuz we don't give a damn about
our schooling or our grades!





That was out of character... but it's kinda catchy.

1 comment:

  1. I like it... although it's out of character, it smacks of truth... something very consistent with your writing.

    ReplyDelete