Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Time

It's a strange feeling, not knowing what to write. Even now as I sit in my math class I'm struggling to find the words to describe it. It's a sense of inevitability. Like there's a voice in the back of your head saying "I told you so...

You knew it would only last a short while. Who did you think you were? Going against the flow as if you've got something to prove, something to say. You're a nobody in You think that because you've got enough insight to last you a month that you're all of a sudden someone special? Ha. I've watched men like you. I've sheltered their dreams and watched them climb mountains of aspiration only to fail when it at last seems there is some rest. Are you not like these men? What do you have that they did not?

But I shatter these thoughts. I shatter this voice because no good can ever come of it.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter to us."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
I'm different becasue I've got in in my head to say so. I'm special because I know that voice. I've been there before. Look at victory. Victory is not about winning. Victory is about destroying that urge to destroy. Victory is about changing the world.

And I am special. And that's not to say that any of you couldn't be the same. That's not to say that I'm any better than. I've made a choice is all.

We choose to be important, we choose to be in control. We choose to be.

And once that choice is behind us, we find that there are all manner of doors unlocked before us. No roads blocked, no paths too difficult, because deep down we know we've only got so much time.

So I think I'm going to go ahead and use this time, even though it seems as if I've nothing to say. Even if it seems like I've hit the end. I'm going to use this time because for all I know it could be the last piece of time I get. And I suggest you do the same.

Thanks for bearing with.

-Matt Lund

1 comment:

  1. Your perception IS reality, Matt Lund.

    Also, this entry sounds kind of like a suicide note so I'll ask you not to kill yourself. <_<
    j/k
    You're too good for that, people need you.

    ReplyDelete