Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Monday, January 22, 2007

A Golden Wake

Golden are the days that pass me by
Fluttering like leaves on an undying wind
They wrap themselves around me, unescapable
And I feel at home in their breadth

And though days are subject to change I know
I know that I am the puppeteer
I make the change, I make the days great
I alone am the master of my fate

And some that come and some that go
Are darker here and there
But always are they golden here
Inviting me to never fear

For although these days must cease to be
I know that eventually they will begin anew
A new home, a new world
A new banner to be unfurled

Though storms may threaten passers by
Against that wind we'll raise our flag
You and I and those who'll dare
To fight injustice everywhere

And all the golden days abroad
Will follow in our wake
The first we'll be to lead the way
Into the light and through the fray

No comments:

Post a Comment