Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sometimes

Sometimes I feel like I've got no fight left in me. Like no matter how much I feel like making a difference, I'm held back because it's too hard. Because maybe there's somebody saying no. Somebody with friends in high places.

Sometimes I feel lonely, even though I know there are people there. People to trust, people who trust me. People who accept me in spite of my flaws. People who love me.

Sometimes I just get down.

Sometimes I worry that there isn't enough time.

But sometimes I change the world.

Sometimes I get inspired. A fleeting idea maybe, or someone urging me on. I look at the people around me and I see their perseverance, and I see that they're just like me. I see that like them, I can do anything I want. I can dare to dream, I can dare to feel. I can live and love and leave knowing that I've done my part.

And sometimes I get scared. Scared that I can do anything I want. Because we are directed by what we cannot do.

Sometimes I forget. I forget about the only true thing I have in my life. I forget about my hero, my savior, my ultimate sacrifice. I forget and I cry. I cry for myself because I'm not worthy. I'm not perfect enough for him. I cry because I can't even think of him every day.

But sometimes he lifts me up. He puts the wind behind me and helps me soar, and he too forgets. He forgets my bad, my good. He forgets that I often forget him.

Sometimes I'm thankful. For all that I have and all that I might get.

So all the time I try to love. To love my friends, my neighbors, to love inanimate objects because they themselves were created with love. To love reading, writing, speaking. Learning, teaching, feeling. Winning and losing, caring and sharing. I love to fight, to think. I love to be.

And everything is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment