Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, October 26, 2008

C: No More

No More

I'm pretty sure I wrote this in AP Calculus... and finished it in AP English. Emphasis for this poem was drawn from a Pink Floyd song called On the Turning Away, a song that everyone must listen to at least once. If it's not your cup of tea, no big deal. And if you've heard some Floyd and think "Oh, I know I won't like it," give it a try. I don't think many would say that this song represents their sound as a band, so it's probably not exactly what you expect.

Anyway, it's a weird poem. The tempo is so variable, yet, the last two lines stick in my mind enough to erase all the memory of the lines coming before them... haha. Really, the last two lines are the only good part of this poem... blah. Luckily, I wasn't trying to get the feel of On the Turning Away down to a T, so at least I didn't commit the heinous crime of ruining it.

You can tell that I wrote this in Calculus too, because of the last line. "A function of..." Yeah, that was a deliberate math analogy. It doesn't come through, but it's just an interesting tidbit of what was going through my mind at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels