Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sacrifice

To sacrifice is to love. If it arouses guilt in the one being sacrificed for, then they are missing the point. Sacrifice that espouses guilt is not true sacrifice.

Only one being has ever sacrificed completely, selflessly. If you believe in Jesus, that is.

Which leaves us with what? Incomplete sacrifices made from one person to another.

Personally, I'd be wary of somebody who sacrificed anything and everything for me. Changing entire lifestyles for me.

I'd much rather them approach my way of thinking, my way of living, through the use of reason. And I'll just as soon approach theirs in the same manner. That way, when they or I do make a sacrifice, there are no illusions about it. It's pure love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels