Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, October 19, 2008

We Exist in our Dreams

All of the things we wished we could do, but didn't prepare for in life,
All of the places we wished we could be,
All of the superpowers we always wanted,
All of these exist in our dreams.

I've always thought dream journals were an interesting idea, but never really got into the habit of keeping one. But now that I realize the me in my dreams is the same me as in life, I think I just might start one. I mean, I would love to act in another High School play, and last night I did. And I had a pretty big part, too. And looking back on the actions I took behind stage and the conversations I had with other members of the play - I was there. I did that play. It is a part of my continued character outside of the dream.

I don't know, it's kind of exciting.

1 comment:

Labels