Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The End of a World, Muse - Showbiz

Controlling my feelings for too long

I've always been an emotional person... I'll be moved by a movie or book, and my eyes will moisten. But I'll never let a tear fall.

Controlling my feelings for too long

Sometimes I just need to vent, to reach out and touch the world. To know that I am a force and that force is me, and I can do amazing things.

Controlling my feelings for too long

Sometimes I erupt, and destruction follows in my wake. I look back and smile a half smile. Do you not see? I have just proven my existence.

Controlling my feelings for too long

My actions will create consequences; this is unavoidable. But those consequences create conflict in the now, and in releasing them I free myself.

Forcing our darkest souls to unfold

I must learn to know myself. My whole self. The good and the bad. The right and the wrong.

And forcing our darkest souls to unfold

I must learn to define myself. To rediscover the person I was, and choose the person I will be. But I must have the entire picture. I must know from where I come and to where I am going.

Pushing us into self destruction

In a way, I am creating myself as a monstrosity, only to pick out the best parts and destroy the rest.

Pushing us into self destruction

In a way, I am defragmenting myself, forcing out bad clusters and packing my useful data together. I am creating new spaces within which I can move forward and assimilate new clusters.

And they make me
Make me dream your dreams
And they make me
Make me scream your screams

Insanity mounting, I will endure. To resist is to be targeted - to be targeted is to be in the right. To claim the right is insanity. I will endure.

Trying to please you for too long
Trying to please you for too long
Visions of greed you wallow
Visions of greed you wallow
Visions of greed you wallow
Visions of greed you wallow

I must do something amazing. I must. It is who I am, what I am. It is the air I breathe. It is I who must push onwards, it is I who must face the reality of life, it is I who must forge the hammer to break through the walls of this existence and forge a path into the beginning of the end.

And they make me
Make me dream your dreams
And they make me
Make me scream your screams

I must become a master of the mind. Of my mind, of all minds. I must choose how best to achieve this.

Controlling my feelings for too long
Controlling my feelings for too long
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold
And pushing us into self destruction
And pushing us into self destruction

Faster and faster the memories curl at the edges as they blacken and burn away. But the words will never cease to exist, first found in the rocks of the mountains, they were written with finality, forever destined along their path to this point, whereupon they separate into ash and scatter with the wind. And in the face of the winds, I will scream anew - I will scream freedom.

And they make me
Make me dream your dreams
And they make me
Make me scream your screams

And in finding myself, I will find you. And the drumbeats of our hearts will forever beat into the end of the days. They may beat together - they may not. But the both of them will beat and they will decide us. This is the unalterable truth. This is the mission. This is the passion. This is the end of a world and the building of another. This is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels