Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Friday, October 10, 2008

Somebody Somewhere is Ruining my Life

And he doesn't seem to care.

What can men do against such reckless abandon?

I want to appeal to human sympathy. I want him to stop, for my sake. I know he's never met me in person - I know he has no reason to care for me. But I had hoped that I could appeal to something I thought we all shared. As people.

But I can't.

And that somebody somewhere is ruining my life. He's taking the knife that somebody else thrust, and twisting it for his own personal gain. Not that he stands to gain from my suffering - merely that my suffering is an unavoidable result of his actions.

Only, it's not so unavoidable. All it takes is, as I've said, human sympathy.

I am a dying dog in a dying street. Any time, somebody could walk by and save me.

But if they never come...

If they never come, then the responsibility for my death will pass to that somebody somewhere. Don't you see? I am in pain! Don't you care? I am in pain!

Lord, make me a stone.

1 comment:

  1. You're looking for acceptance in the wrong places - its right in front of you.

    Someone does want to save you - but you don't listen.

    I do care - but you never notice.

    You're too busy being a stone to realize it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels