Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Overwhelmed but Moving On

I live in Seattle now. Lots of things have changed. And, in short, I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities that my life holds.

I can do anything I want to.

Or I can fail to do anything at all.

Things I must overcome:

Laziness:

I tell everybody how much I love to write, and then I sit at home and watch movies or play videogames. Because it's easy. And who wants a challenge when you can do something easy? (Answer: Me, at the conscious level. Overcoming the subconscious desire to vegetate is the issue).

Apathy

At times when things cease to go one way or another, it's hard to keep yourself in the game. Again, it's simply easier to just relax, power down, and go with the flow. Apathy is not an aspect of character. APATHY DESTROYS CHARACTER.

Fear of Failure

I fear to write because I fear that I will not be satisfied with what it is that I am writing. I know that this is a paradox broken only by the act itself, yet here I sit paralyzed. Lame!

Fear of Loneliness

This one, though legitimate, is merely a hindrance to my own personal progress. I must (re)learn to be Matt Lund. MMFL. ML10. Dominic Peters and all that jazz. Asa Thibadaux once said "How can I expect anybody to think that I'm a hot commodity if I don't think I'm a hot commodity?" I like that. That's how I used to think. Maybe I'll try it again.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, took me a minute to figure out MMFL... I think I like that one the most. I'm looking forward to what you show the world Matt Lund.

    ReplyDelete

Labels