Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chain Poetry

I know I promised this a while ago, but I simply haven't had the time to make it happen. As mentioned before, I've been pretty busy and while that isn't much of an excuse... you're going to have to suck it up, huh?

So, chain poetry. Another creation of mine, and much more simple than the dominym. That might be because... it's just a list. Yeah. That is, it's a list of words that trigger a free verse monologue type poetry. I think an example would be appropriate...

Courage
Blasphemy
Identity
Viscosity
Death
Falling
Virtuous
Ultimate
Passing

I have courage. I have power. But is this just blasphemy? Or is this my identity? Sometimes I feel my blood thicken, change its viscosity in an irrepresable attempt to bring me to my death. And though I'm falling I fall virtuous, and despite your attempts to sway me I will remain ultimate in my passing, because I cannot... will not die.

And voila.

1 comment: