Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, February 10, 2007

C: Let Go Dommy

Let Go Dommy

Wow... just wow. I do seem a bit unstable in this one, don't I? But I guess that's to be expected, this whole blog/journal being my therapy and all (as that was it's original intention). It does make my progress more valid though, I must admit. What this post served as was a sort of introduction, and I suppose it also helped reveal that other side of myself. However, in addition to the post itself (which wasn't really that insightful) this was the first mentioning of LGD.

As many of you already know (and for those of you who don't) Dommy is a short name or abbreviation for Dominic Peters, my very first main character that I ever wrote about. The story was called The Uprising and to this day it is still saved on my computer. It was a story about governmental experimentation into human weapons, which of course bred an x-men like group of heroes. Amateur and cliched. So I stopped at 34 pages. (I later went on to write Dimension, which reached 57 before getting canned, but that'll come up later... dimensionsolider@gmail.com anybody? Coincidence? Never...). Dominic wasn't one of these superhero types, but a noble thief character stealing from a closet oppressive government... as it happened, he played out this exact role in Dimension, so adamant was I about letting him survive, and I figure that someday he'll be written into something that actually succeeds.

How does that relate to me? Well, I began to use Dominic Peters as a screen name on the internet, and ever since it sort of feels right. So I became him in a sense. Now, I could have gone around saying LGM, but then when people asked me what it meant I would have to respond "Let Go Matt" and that would instantly clue them in to my intentions, which I wasn't really into back then. So I got to answer LGD and say "Let Go Dommy" and nobody knew what the hell I was talking about, but to me it was just as important as breathing. It was a reminder to go with the flow, relax, enjoy myself, stop worrying and the like.

You will or already have seen LGD and Dommy himself come up many times in my blog, and now you know where. It's a theme that I visited often in the earlier days, and a few times more in the poem Eight and the post A Letter From Us, but exactly how I won't reveal until I get to those posts individually.

And the last half (where I seemed crazy) was half story plot half ambiguous phrasing.

Feel free to let me know how this commentary is working. Personally, I like it because I get to elaborate more...

No comments:

Post a Comment