Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Something Else Entirely

A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up; but if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, you become something else entirely.

~ Batman Begins
I'm not like the rest of you, I guess. And undeniably, after I profess this to the world there are a few predictable responses. There's apathy, curiosity, and disdain. Ironically, the curious soon join the disdainful when I begin to explain. That's the price I pay for "arrogance" though, isn't it? And then, the few people who are still hanging onto my words really lose it when I say I'm not arrogant.

So I've got the audacity to say I'm different than everyone else around me, yet not arrogant? How on Earth can that work?

Well, I'm different, see? Get it?

I'm looking for my ideal, and on the day I find it God knows you won't be able to stop me. Yeah, on that day, I'll become something else. Something else entirely. And that's the day the world begins to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment