Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, February 11, 2007

C: Prime on my Sleeve

Prime on my Sleeve
The story of Prime has two main origins - one of which being the internet webcomic Comedity, which is the story of it's creator, Garth Cameron Grahm, and his various situations in life, both realistic and fantastical. One theme which he revisited frequently in the earlier days of the comic was the idea of having multiple personalities in his brain which battled for "stage time." He had a good and bad shoulder angel/demon, a ninja, a "cool guy," one who knew random trivia, and one for playing violent internet videogames. These personae were (and God help us, hopefully still are) ruled by the master personality named only Prime.

The other is the undeniable awesomeness of Beast Wars, a show that kids today wish they could watch. The main character of the show, Optimus Primal, frequently used the catchphrase "Well that's just prime..." In addition, he was the leader of the group much as the earlier prime was leader of the personalities of Garth. It really doesn't get much deeper than that... except for the part where I completely endorse Beast Wars. What's that? Beast Wars is Godly?

So I took a look at my Prime, and I realized that I had been trying to optimize my life at every point (an idea which I just now connected with Too Deep (I'm Drowning), which was fairly revolutionary in this "therapeutical process"). Anyway, I got worried that perhaps I was too often trying to control things, too often trying to attain perfection. And then I realized that Prime was in direct contradiction to LGD. So I canned him for a while. Stuffed him in the cargo hold and let Dommy fly for a while, along with the others who you'll meet later (if you haven't already).

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment