Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, February 10, 2007

C: White Mage with Knives

White Mage with Knives

This post as well as the next few were written in a journal before I began this entire blogging expedition, and I regret to admit that for those few the details are a bit blurry. I do however remember the general theme of this post.

First of all, it's quite evident that I had been playing FF:DoS at the time I wrote this. Well, for those of you unfamiliar with the Final Fantasy universe, the White Mage is a magician who uses White Magic (what a concept). White Magic is healing magic. It revives fainted allies, heals wounds, protects and defends from enemy attacks and magic, and has the ability to damage undead enemies. Also, any experienced player knows that the White Mage is all but useless in hand to hand combat.

Well, now that I've established the background we can explore my mental intentions at the time. Are you as excited as I am? Uh huh. I'm sure.

This was one of those points in my life where I felt like a living sacrifice to the people around me. I'm reminded of a quote from the movie King Arthur (2004). It goes something like this:
It always falls on the shoulders of the few to be sacrificed for the many.And obviously this is how I felt while writing WMwK. In addition I was complaining about how I didn't have a best friend, and no matter where I looked I always seemed to be everyone's second best friend. Looking back, that's really good, but at the time I felt kind of lost and I wanted something more, someone to connect with. Luckily I found that for a while.

Thanks buddy, you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment