Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Make it Your Own

Arrogance vs. Self Confidence

It's a fine line between the two. Apparently I ride that line harder than John Kerry did in 2004. At least, that's what I'm told.

But I'd rather not be categorized between these two. If you're arrogant, it means you think of yourself as above others, which I very much DO NOT believe concerning myself. If you're self-confident, then you're overly optimistic and blinded to reality. I'm not such a fan of that either. But I must fall in one of these categories, right?

And since I have to think about this so hard, I think I'll just make up my own name for my state of being. Because reality is what we make it, and I'd rather make it my own than take it from somebody else. Because I'm not arrogant or self-confident. I'm self-aware.

Call it awaredom, if you will.

Hey, everything's a word, it just might not be in the dictionary yet. Same goes for philosophies. Just because some funny looking guy with a white beard and a magic hat hasn't talked about it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Dominism anyone?

4 comments:

  1. oh shoot! take that ASKEW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Awareness", much?
    +5 for originality, supongo.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think we're in the same boat here. I wonder if that has anything to do with one of our parents.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I think we're in the same boat here. I wonder if that has anything to do with one of our parents.....

    ReplyDelete