Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It All Comes Back to the Ship

I've just entered a period of self-loathing... I think I might need to re-evaluate my new years resolution.

I don't know what happened. I just started feeling this heavy guilt for daring to believe that I am somebody... Well not everyone's gonna like me. That's unavoidable. But suddenly I got this feeling like there were a lot of them. I guess that's what makes us special. All I really need though is enough people to form a crew.

And now we arrive at the heart of the problem... I think I let my crew down a little bit there. I got so caught up in my new identity that I forgot to be a good Captain. A good Captain is nowhere above his crew. He's among them, and I forgot. I forgot that I'm not proving anything to them - just the rest of the world.

Sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment