Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Burst of Technological Innovation

Lately I've been exploring the capabilities of a program I like to call Google Reader. (I like to call it this because that's it's name).

What Google Reader (for those unfamiliar with RSS or Atom feeds) does, is it compiles posts from people you've suscribed to. For example, I've subscribed to everyone on my friends list on my sidebar. Even more than that, I linked my google reader to my google homepage, so anytime I go to look at google I will be instantly notified if anything new has come up from one of my friends. The great thing about this is that if you are a blogger already, you already have a google account, meaning all you have to do is start adding subscriptions (like mine!).

This is great and all, but I hold the almighty trump card. The shared post feature.

Now, say I go through the posts made by my friends and I think to myself, that's a good post. Too bad my friends in real life won't want to pick through this random persons entire blog to see the wisdom here (that's a reference to all my internet intellectuals out there). So, what do I do? Well, I go through and put those ones I find extraordinary on a shared list. This appears here (I will place a link on my sidebar too). So, any of you who only want to read my blog and not much else can go ahead and check out my shared list, where I unashamedly plug my friends and give them some free advertising.

Also, any post I add will go in the five most recently added shared items list on my sidebar under "Recently Noted."

If any of you see yourself on my shared list and want to be removed, simply contact me and it will be done.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Archive