Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Humility

Looking outwards into space, the cold emptiness
that sometimes seems so full,
finding what I need.
Humility.
Looking outwards into space, my ships under fire,
knowing that I will die, pass from this world
that was once my own.
Humility.
Looking outwards into space, knowing the end is near.
Finding the courage within, albeit hidden from me.
"Rally the fleet! Rally the fleet!"
Humility.
Looking out from my ship, not caring of the end.
Accepting my faults, my failures.
I have learned to look above myself.
Humility.
The battle won, against unimaginable odds.
Confidence welling up inside,
but not enough to cover
My Humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Archive