Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pick Me!

So blogger has a feature where each month they have scouts report back on "blogs of note." They choose 10 per month, and of course these blogs get subsequent large numbers of hits.

Well, a while back I was thinking how amazing it would be if I got chosen to appear on this list. In fact, it was a goal of sorts - not the kind you base an entire operation on, but the kind you at least consider as a noble undertaking.

So I haven't gotten it yet. You'd have known if I did. I'd be excited to the point of no return. And it's funny because every now and then I look at what they put up there... sure, they're interesting, but do they teach anybody anything? Usually no.

This frustrates me. I'm frustrated by the idea that people will make blogs that are completely worthless. I've seen some pointless stuff, let me tell you. I've seen single mothers writing about their lives as if they're talking to an old friend, and all I can think to myself is why anyone would want to do that. They're talking about their kids and picking them up from daycare and I'm screaming EVER HEARD OF PEDOPHILES!? I guess my point is, if nobody needs to hear about it / nobody cares, write it in a damn journal.

And I know I'm generalizing, and I know that there are families that keep in touch by using blogs so that people can just go and see what's happening in their lives, but I can't help feeling oppressed when it seems things like those are getting more notice than someone who is actually trying to do something, to change people, to make their voice heard.

And as luck would have it, I'm probably wrong on so many fundamental levels that this post doesn't even make sense. But I won't hide what I think or how I feel, because once you start doing that, thinking that you're going to say something "stupid," you strip the project of everything it once was and turn it into that superficial thing you call your life. (that was kinda harsh, I appologize for the people I offended, mostly because I pity them... sorry, again with the harshness... but really, it's okay to be behind a mask as long as that's working for you, and I'm not being sarcastic, I just think that people who come out from behind their masks should get some recognition for it... but as for deserving I will speak no more, huh?).

Yeah, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, frustrating isn't it?

    We'll always have that problem. People getting noticed for any random reason over those who feel deserving (ohh... that was harsh, my apologies)

    Gives you all the more motivation to make your blog noteworthy. Just don't sacrifice yourself to their standards :P

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Archive