Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, March 24, 2007

C: A Letter From Matt

A Letter From Matt

I will begin by explaining the three letters, of which you have just read the second. Now, I've told you about Prime, I've vaguely mentioned the Eight, so by now you probably I have a tendency to fragement my character in order to keep things interesting and come to a deeper understanding of myself. But in the early days, there were only a few of these characters. I don't remember exactly which ones were present at that time, but I could assume that they were Dominic, Marcus (interestingly a different Marcus than the later one), and William. Counting Prime and myself, that makes five. So I was going through trying to figure out what to call this (remember these are still posts that were written in my journal) and I realized that none of the characters fit, which was also probably where I threw myself into the mix.

That said, I'd like to accredit my opening line to Joss Whedon (the creator of TV show Firefly and movie Serenity). Just because it's in the script of Serenity. And it sounds cool.

The tipping refers to my relationship issues (a diligent reader would already know about those).

The weight on my neck refers to a cross necklace I had (which I left in the swimming locker room... damn those quick fingered High School students) and the weight on my mind refers to the tipping.

The quote "why escape from life when you can bend it to your will?" is basically the mentality that I've been using ever since I wrote it. I made it in a conversation with a friend who had had it with his life, and I thought about escapism as opposed to combat... you can see what I think about that.

I also placed my faith in a lot here. Faith in Jesus, faith in life, faith in people. I had faith that everything would turn out alright. And I was right.

I'd write more but this one was pretty wordy and it either said what it needed to or said nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Archive