Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, March 24, 2007

C: A Letter to Satan

A Letter to Satan

Yet again, this letter didn't seem to fit the dirrection I wanted to take it in from the first (which, by the way, proves my MPD to be false). I couldn't even determine who this letter was from, so I just addressed it to Satan. I wonder what he gets for reading material so I figured I'd send him this, yeah?

But seriously, to business. I am sorry to say that this post dealt with me feeling negative feelings towards someone I truly care about. My friend was trying to help me with my relationship issues and wel... she was being a tad bit bossy about it. Granted, that's because she knows what she's talking about, but I didn't want to hear it. The "cold calculations" reference was owing to the fact that she was trying to use college wisdom on me, things she'd learned in her psychology classes. I like to think of myself as different, as if I don't fit the patterns provided in books, so this irked me.

And there too you have the official count. Marcus, Dominic, William, and myself. We declare the victims innocent. This was one of my better developments, which you'll see revisited in Too Deep (I'm Drowning), another of my favorites. The idea is that everyone is affected by something else, something beyond their control, and I have no right to be judging them for things they do in ignorance. I can be frustrated with them, but even if I'm fighting with them I always remember that they are a victim, and so am I.

Change is a constant, even in eternity. From this one statement I base most of my spiritual theology on. I'd go into detail but honestly, I couldn't even begin to explain what I mean. I also thought the idea (I just had deja vu, and I also lost the game, and so did you) that I should not trust myself because Satan was in me was something new. I've never heard it before. Not even in church. I think many religious people like to think of themselves as above being tainted in such a way. But hey, welcome to Dominism.

And wouldn't you know it - it's another crew reference at the end. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Archive