Few people realize that man has already attained immortality; it's merely been abused, forgotten, and renamed Writing. -Brian Egan

Saturday, March 24, 2007

C: Lost

Lost

Ugh... relationship problems. Where this post says they, it usually means she. I say this because it used to literally say she. I of course edited it when I uploaded it here, so if you're reading this commentary... well welcome to the world of extended DVDs and backstage passes. You win. Your dedication has brought you to a level of fandom so deep that you now get to hear me gripe about my life problems without metaphors and poetry. Do your best not to scream.

Basically, my girlfriend at the time of the writing was up in the air about how she truly felt about me. It was nobody's fault, and nobody got hurt (oh wait, I did) but there's no bitterness (well there was). I'm glad to say most of that is behind us and we've started talking again...

The line "they can't understand, because they don't have what I have" is probably the only instance where they didn't correlate to she. This time it referred to a he who thought he knew what was best for me (and in hindsight, I see he was right. Sorry buddy. Too bad you don't read this. Oh the irony). Anyhow, he told me to just end it and walk away, but you know chivalrous me, I was going to help her through it and stand by her while she figured out her life... yeah, people need space every now and then. I learned that the hard way. I mean, obviously I had the basic concept down, but I never understood that sometimes people needed months. It blew my mind. So by trying to help I actually made things worse, and long story short, it's all over with now. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Archive